Lucy and Kurt first started Cut4Cloth in 2004 from a need to find clothes that fitted over their son’s cloth nappies. They also wanted to show the world that you can create a great brand whilst upholding strong ethical and environmental values. 16 years and a re-brand later, Frugi is the UK’s leading ethical and organic children’s clothing brand, found globally in over 550 retailers across 30 countries.
They have a story to tell and a mission to accomplish- to show that superb design, great ethics and passionate people can help to change the world!
- 1% of turnover is donated to charity every year.
- 91% less water is used in organic farming vs conventional cotton farming.
- Organic cotton emits 46% less greenhouse gas than non-organic.
- 170 tonnes of pesticides and fertilisers saved over the last two years.
- 100% of outerwear and bags are made from post consumer recycled plastic.
- Frugi aims to be Net zero by 2030.